On the occasion of 10 years anniversary of Wirtland, Chancellor of Wirtland has made a short interview to The Times of Wirtland.
Ten years have passed since you founded Wirtland. How can you assess the achievements?
We had our ups and downs, but most importantly, the influx of new people has never stopped during this 10 years period. Wirtland has survived and kept its attractiveness as alternative nation – that’s our most important achievement. Also, we managed to preserve our neutrality, which was not easy in the times of fierce international turmoil.
Some witizens complain about lack of activity in Wirtland. Can you comment?
We see our main task to establish Wirtland as a platform, and to keep it up, running, and operational. That’s what we have been doing successfully during the last decade. If level of activity is low that means that people are passive. Activities are now up to the citizens themselves – we just create the right conditions for them.
So, what should witizens expect from the government?
Wirtland was not set up to tax our members – we have a zero taxation policy. Wirtland was neither set up to entertain our members, by a regular flow of new initiatives and projects. We simply cannot afford this, because of zero taxation. I hope this is understandable. What we guarantee to citizens is the following:
- Correct operation of Wirtland platform;
- Full media support to citizens’ initiatives;
- Protection of citizens’ personal data.
What should be done to further develop the Wirtland project?
Read more →
Happy Anniversary to all witizens and friends of Wirtland!
Today Wirtland is turning 10 years old. Ten years is substantial period for everyone; for a virtual state it is a record-braking lifespan.
Wirtland has managed to carry its flag and to survive through a turbulent decade, marked both by tremendous geopolitical changes all over the world, and remarkable progress in IT technologies penetrating the daily lives of everyone.
We are pleased to observe that the ideology of Wirtland has remained attractive, as we have been happy to welcome new citizens every week, coming from literally every corner of the world.
Thanks to this constant influx of new people, Wirtland is now accumulating more innovative ideas than ever. Wirtland is a country which helps our citizens to make their ideas real.
Wirtland wishes you prosperity, freedom, and independence!
We have added an experimental new feature to Wirtland Network – possibility to communicate with online video in “Wirtland video room”.
You are welcome to try this experimental feature here: http://wirtland.agilityhoster.com/WOW/video-chat/
Please comment about your experience, usefulness, suggestions.
We are doing our best to filter out spammers, but in recent days 2 spammers managed to register and send out serial “love messages”. The message are something like: “Nice to meet you.contact me on my email…”
Of course these members were blocked, and accounts deleted.
However we are asking everybody, in case of receipt of spam messages, please report immediately. With your help we will keep Wirtland clean!
Last February the Government of Wirtland started to appoint our official Representatives worldwide (see announcement). We are pleased to communicate that we now have Representatives in 6 countries: Bulgaria, Columbia, Israel, Italy, Peru, USA.
For more information, click on Reps tab.
Our latest Representative is Ever Dávila in Lima, Peru. His communication languages are Spanish, English, Portuguese. Wirtland extends warm congratulations to Ever!
The Representatives offer assistance to new members and answer questions. The status of official Representative of Wirtland is regulated by special Law. The Representatives have an access to special group Wirtland Staff.
▰▰▰ Wirtland needs many more Representatives! If you want to become a Representative, please read here.
Wirtland is not supported by investors, so it is growing thanks to members only. Therefore, Wirtland needs your support. Here is a small list of simple things, which nearly everybody can do. Please review this list, and consider doing what you like to show your support! You are welcome to add new ideas, too.
- Share brief information about Wirtland on your blog or social network page, in your language. Repost the flag or other image with link.
- If your friend is a journalist or popular blogger, tell them about Wirtland.
- Wear a T-shirt with Wirtland flag and web address. Haven’t got one? Just use a permanent marker to create your own Wirtland T-shirt (if you send us a selfie, we would be glad to post it!)
- Display a Wirtland flag or a sticker. No need to buy: just use a piece of white fabric and color markers or paint. Our flag is just a combination of simple shapes.
- Are you into sports? Do you participate in competitions? Try to register yourself as representative of Wirtland team.
- Graffiti artist? Promote Wirtland (make sure you find an appropriate place). Share a photo of graffiti with us.
- Are you shop owner? Make a special offer to our citizens, or a free drink. Tell us about it and you will get free promotion of your business.
- Are you a programmer or a system administrator? Try to add Wirtland to the lists of countries, where possible.
- Good translations are always needed. Translate this text (or other piece, which you believe important), and post it, or send to us.
- Consider becoming a Representative in your city or region.
Special Offer at Witizen Gift Company shop:
15% Off All Orders | 30% OFF ALL T-SHIRTS On! HURRY, SALE ENDS TODAY!
Use Code: . Visit shop: http://www.zazzle.com/Witi_teeshirt
Friends, we want to refresh and add new designs to our Wirtland merchandise collection. Your proposals, ideas, images are welcome! Also, tell us if you want something else to show your Wirtland identity.